WORKSHOP: GROWING BEAUTIFUL, FLAVOURFUL HERBS & VEGGIES
Date: Saturday, 13 May 2017
TIme: 8 to 12.30 am (4.5 hours)
Place: Our home garden in Petaling Jaya (address will be sent to confirmed participants)
Fee: RM 250/person
Pax: 10 max
This will be an engaging and enjoyable small-group, action-packed experiential learning session. There will be a mix of hands-on practice, demos, short lectures and group discussions. This workshop is suitable for beginner gardeners, as well as more experienced gardeners wanting to learn how to apply techniques in BIOLOGICAL AND NUTRIENT-DENSE AGRICULTURE in a tropical urban garden.
You will learn:
* from my mistakes and mishaps as a REAL GARDENER growing food in the city (I wish I had a personal guide when I first started!),
* an easy-to-understand 4-STEP GROWING PROCESS that I have tried and tested for 3 years in 2 gardens with stubborn urban soils,
* from my 3 years in ENVIRONMENTAL AND AGRICULTURAL STUDIES in Australia prior to that,
* the 3 FUNDAMENTALS OF HEALTHY SOILS,
* relevant tips for growing food in the URBAN TROPICS,
* techniques used by professional growers in biological and nutrient-dense agriculture to INCREASE YIELD AND STRENGTHEN PLANTS AGAINST PESTS AND DISEASES, and
* basic principles of EDIBLE LANDSCAPING to add beauty and imagination to your edible garden.
– a starter growing kit worth RM50
– handout notes
– brunch of fresh farm & garden produce
– continuous post-workshop support from me through a participant-only Facebook group.
You will leave this workshop with herb & veggie seeds, biodynamic compost, mineral fertiliser, liquid fish & kelp, and most importantly, REAL SKILLS to grow beautiful, flavourful herbs and veggies in your own garden, patio or balcony.
HOW TO CONFIRM A PLACE
Places will be allocated to the first 10 people to pay the full workshop fee of RM250. Please send me a message at Facebook.com/Diglings or email@example.com to check for availability and I will advise you on the bank-in details. Workshop fee is non-refundable. Thanks!
7.45 am Coffee 🙂
Guided garden tour: The story & design of our garden
Discussion: The 3 fundamentals of healthy soil. How to improve poor soil? Introduction to my 4-step growing process.
Hands-on practice: Improving soil & building imaginative planting beds
Demo: Seed-starting & seedling care techniques to yield vigorous, resilient plants
Hands-on practice: Transplanting techniques to yield vigorous, resilient plants
Brunch: Home-made from fresh farm & garden produce
Discussion: Techniques to increase yield and strengthen plants against pests and diseases
Putting my 4-step growing process into action in your garden, patio or balcony.
12.30 am End